Since 1919, the Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation has served the religious, social, cultural and educational needs of New Hampshire’s North Country residents year ’round as well as seasonal residents and occasional visitors. Its historical building, dating back to the 1880s, is a landmark of American Jewish history, has been lovingly maintained and restored through the generosity of both residents and visitors. You can now have a share in this unique enterprise by becoming a Virtual Member of BHC.
* Summer Daily & Shabbat Services
* High Holiday Services
* Festival Services Year ‘Round
* Bar/Bat Mitzvah Preparation
Hanukkah 2013 Celebrations and Events
Friday, Nov. 22 - 6:30 p.m. Sabbath Service. Eli Herb officiating.
Eli Herb, student rabbi from Boston, visits BHC again this weekend to lead the Kabbalat Shabbat service and Shabbat Torah study.
Saturday, Nov. 23 – 10 a.m. Torah Study Session. Eli Herb officiating.
Sunday, Nov. 24 – 10 a.m. Religious School
– 12 Noon. Family Hanukkah Party and Potluck Lunch. RSVP
Eli Herb will lead the Beit Seifer (Hebrew School 10a-noon) class in prayers and a Hanukkah project as well as attend our Hanukkah party and pot luck beginning at 12:00pm
Wednesday, Nov. 27 – 5:00 p.m. Public Menorah Lighting, Bethlehem Town Hall
In celebration of the first night of Hanukkah, please join us for a Ceremonial Lighting of the BHC Town Menorah. 5pm. Bethlehem Town Hall, Main Street, Bethlehem, NH.
Recent Past Events & News:
- High Holy Day and Fall Festival 2013 Schedule
- This Wednesday Last Day Sukkot-Simchat Torah begins 4:30PM
- Challah and Shofar with Carl and BHC Beit Sefer
- BJI Book Club
- BHC Harris Piano Concert
- BHC-Colonial Series Fri & Sat Sept 27-28Fri. 5:00 PM Mahjong and Chicken Feet; Sat 8:00 PM The Orchid Ensemble; All revenue goes to the Colonial. Support your local theater. Be there!
- 2013 Tree Planting Campaign
- Hanukah 2012 at BHC
- Carl Dworman’s Challah Braiding Secret
- Kol hakavod to Martin Kessel and all who made the Yiddish Culture Weekend, featuring a performance by The Klezmatics, a great success!
- 107 Trees Planted – WE DID IT!
- Martin Kessel visits to BHC Beit Sefer
- Littleton High School Honors Bernie Kohn
- Cantor Marlena’s latest travels: New Orleans
The Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation is located near downtown Bethlehem off Rt.302 on Strawberry Hill Rd.
The Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation Welcomes Visitors and Contributions
Please send inquiries and donations to:
PO Box 395, Bethlehem NH 03574
or call 603-869-5465 (or 516-592-1462)
or Email Us
Questions and Suggestions:
Main Number, 603-869-5465
David Goldstone, 516-592-1462